Recycling Contact Lenses at Taylors Opticians
Have you wondered about recycling contact lenses?
Taylor’s Opticians has introduced THE ACUVUE® Contact Lens Recycle Programme in partnership with TerraCycle®.
Did you Know?
- Over 725 million contact lenses are thrown away every year?
- Approx 50% of plastics used are single use.
- Packaging accounts for 40% of the world’s plastic usage
- Production and consumption is expected to double in 10 years
With these growing concerns about the environment and particularly the use of plastics in all industries. At Taylor’s Opticians we take our responsibilities seriously and that’s why we’re proud to announce our partnership with ACUVUE® and TerraCycle® with the Contact Lens Recycle Programme.
How Recycling contact lenses work
- Collect your old contact lenses, blisters and foils.
- Visit us to drop off your used contact lenses, blisters and foils.
- We will organise collection and recycling.
We can collect any brand of disposable contact lens for our recycle programme, so please feel free to call in and drop off your lens packs, so we can make a difference together.
As we are an independent opticians we able offer many types and brands of contact lens whether it be daily, two weekly, monthly or even bespoke contact lenses.
Maybe you have astigmatism?
Do you need reading glasses?
Maybe you have a complex prescription?
Our dedicated contact lens optician Keith can guide you through the process of selecting the best contact lens for your needs. Our team are always here to answer any questions you may have with their wealth of knowledge.
ACUVUE® is a registered trademark of Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. © Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd, 2018. 08NovUK3124
Copyright TerraCycle® 2018. All rights reserved 1. JJV data on file. Analysis based on 3rd Party Data, 2018.