READY, STEADY, RECYCLE…….
At Taylor’s Opticians Frodsham, we are committed to reducing the amount of plastic we may waste. If you are asking yourself "Can I recycle my spectacles?", then let us answer a few of your questions.
Our mission to recycle continues.
This month we have replaced our recycled plastic bags to a lovely shade of blue paper bags. Our new paper bags are made from 100% recycled paper. The great news is they can continue to be recycled, or why not reuse them again?
We have also introduced refillable spectacle lens cleaner. Once you’ve purchased your first bottle of spectacle lens spray, you can refill at half price. A win-win for you and the environment.
According to Herplanetearth “Over the next ten years, the amount of marine plastic waste will double and if we do not act, in 2050 the oceans will contain more plastic waste than fish by weight”.
Did you Know?
- Over 725 million contact lenses are thrown away every year?
- Approx 50% of plastics used are single use.
- Packaging accounts for 40% of the world’s plastic usage
- Production and consumption is expected to double in 10 years
Our Recycling Initiatives
Reports such as this make us more determined to help our future generations live in a cleaner, healthier environment. That’s why this year we have introduced the following initiatives:
Taylor’s Opticians Recycling Initiatives:
- Recycling used contact lens blister packs and contact lenses
- Recycle used spectacles for libraries in Uganda
- Recycling used spectacles for Vision Aid Overseas
- Recycled paper bags to replace plastic bags
- Refillable spectacle lens sprays
Next time you visit Frodsham remember to call in and recycle your old contact lenses and spectacles. A visit to Taylor’s Opticians will also give you the opportunity to see our extensive range of spectacles and lenses, as well as book in for an eye examination so that we can help keep your eyes healthy.